When talking about interruptions we usually talk about other people or external factors. However, we sometimes voluntarily interrupt ourselves. You interrupt yourself when you:
- Walk around the office without a clear goal
- Often have a chat with colleagues in order to better know them
- Go out frequently for a coffee or snack
- Suddenly make unplanned phone calls for networking
- Suddenly have to check something on the Internet
If you recognize yourself here I recommend keeping a log of these interruptions for a few weeks. In the ideal case you also write down what you should have been doing during this time, since these interruptions could also closely be linked to procrastination.
When your analysis is complete you can start working on changing these bad habits, which significantly reduce your productivity.